Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Do you support these suggestions?

• Yes, I do. (Good idea).

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No, I don't. (Bad idea).

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I don't care. (No opinion).

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Huh? (I don't understand what the fuzz is about).

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
The only difficulty I have run into is where are posts for "differential" problems. I think they should be added to "Transmissions"

·
Registered
862 Posts
I spend some time reading mostly and found in general most people thoughtful and helpful. I have gone through some learning curves especially when I went over the top with some poor wording. I apologize!

I found the technical stuff most helpful and appreciate it immensely.

I think this site may need some improvement on some things but never looked towards improving it. In short it works for me....

I also belong to Camaro forums so I may not be posting all the time but do read many things here.

A noticable difference between the sites they are more open to criticism when it comes to there cars.
I'll try to stick to the topic sorry...

I belive I'll leave it up to the people who made this site possible to make changes. I guess I'm a follower unless I'm in a car then not so much. :)

One other note I think it's great to have differences in opinions be it politics, religion and especially cars thats what makes the world go round some of you have stated that this should be a car forum only. Yet seems like it always leads to other stuff....Some have apoligized for stupid comments (me mostly) and thats life.

What I don't like is being told you can't say that or discuss that...

Thats why there is the off topic part which is terrific!!! We go through some tremendous amounts of stress in life some people need to vent or discuss daily occurances some serious some not.

I find the Yankee/Ausee battle quite funny and not offensive and it may even be healthy.

I'm an Italian born raised Canadian and see faults in being both but the positives outweigh the negatives and this is what this forum reflects mostly positives.

Keep up the positive recommendations interesting and necessary.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day All,

On topic:

I do think the Anything about Alfa Romeos and AlfaBB.com forum should be sub titled That isn't covered by any other forum.

On the other topic:

When I travelled in Europe I met many Americans posing as Canadians. Quite a few were displaying Canadian flags.

Of course, I don't blame them, as Ronnie had just had Libya bombed and any American could have been a target for retaliation.

Now if anybody wants to construe this as an anti American post, don't bother, it's not.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
RE: Regrouping of AlfaBB Forums

Craig said:
G'Day All,

On the other topic:

When I travelled in Europe I met many Americans posing as Canadians. Quite a few were displaying Canadian flags.

Of course, I don't blame them, as Ronnie had just had Libya bombed and any American could have been a target for retaliation.

Now if anybody wants to construe this as an anti American post, don't bother, it's not.
One of my librarian friends was born in England and therefore has dual citizenship; she flies exclusively on her British passport from the days of the hijackings when they went through and "looked" for Americans as in the 1985 TWA hijacking when Navy diver Robert Stethem was the only one killed.

Mine is not meant as an anti American statement either. She is very proud to be an American and has lived here all of her life, but she is widowed with children as am I and values her life over a public demonstration of patriotism. Her husband was an Agent Orange casuality of the Viet Nam War and she left a very lucrative career as an immunology chemist with the arrival of AIDs, having very small children at the time, where an accidental stick could be a death sentence for her and her family.

Alfa content below:

We are all forced to make difficult choices throughout our lives....Alfa fanaticism should be one of the fun ones!!!

....And is that spell checker coming?????

·
Premium Member
26,710 Posts
Cheryl,

I met you at New Hampshire convention in 2004 as you were with Robert Bently book display as I remember with Pat's newest book, right?

Live does go on doesn't it? I had to miss Seattle and Tulsa due to scheduling conflicts.

All the best to you.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Craig said:
On the other topic:

Thankyou Craig! I knew someone else must have seen this.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Craig_m67 said:
Dude .. people have their opinions, it's what makes us all a little bit more interesting than the last person we argued / conversed with. Who the F uck are you to tell somebody that they're slack for having whatever opinion about whatever subject.. six years down under has obvioulsy been easy for you.

And for what it's worth, i've lived and worked in the USA, South America, Cuba, EU and am currently in London. So please don't tell me what to think about people, or how to interpret my experiences, there's already enough vertical mediocraty for the stupidest of us.

My 2nd to a suggestion was for the posters country of origin.. it makes the determination of 'tone' and relevance a lot easier..
Thanks for your worldly opinions, the BB is truly a better place because of it, well done, and how narrow minded of me to not realising this before, your fight to make the alfabb feel more international is truly coming across now.

But seriously, Aussies represent a pretty small number on this heavily American based board, and this Napoleon complex aka short man syndrome approach isn’t really doing anyone any favours in my mind.

Purposely piss*ing off a bunch of americans with such statements for no particular reason is pretty sad. I reckon if people arent going to say it to someones face its probably not worth posting these so called “opinions”. Its easy to be a keyboard warrior but they dont give out medals for it im afraid.

Craig_m67 said:
I too, would like to see the country of a member, or poster as it helps me determine the value of the information (to me) and usually the attitudes and tone presented.
Yes, perfect, now that approx 2345 Americans are pissed off with your comments its just that much more likely that im not going to get a decent response to a thread that I posted because Australians are seen as complete *****s. I see that your plan to make the BB truly international is really working now, you really know how to set the "tone".

41 - 48 of 48 Posts