Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum.
I tried to search but couldn't find anythin related what I'm looking for. So pardon if this is repeat post.

Im trying to find gud place in sydney who deals with panels for Alfa 156. Looking to give some sporty look (check attached images, which I stole from an italian site). something like this.. :D

Does anyone got any idea reagarding this? Also how much it may cost?

Thanks in Advance.
Kams

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
good luck.
more than likely, youll have to import the panels or make friends with a fella in the fibre composites industry...

there really isnt a market worthy of dealing with panels like that in australia [alfa isnt really the most common badge around the streets with modders], and when someone speaks up, theres usually a few people to shoot them down with comments related to rice...

learn a little itallian and send them a message aobut shipping to australia. just keep it simple [very simply if you using a free translater on the net, not as accurate as a paying one]. besides, theres a chance someone might speak english working overthere...

keep us up to date on what you find, as the info might be handy for the next guy down the track.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jazig.k,

I was googling a bit and your idea does makes sense to me..
Found some in UK site's too, but hv to research on the cost..:confused:
I found a shop in Ryde, Sydney, who hold couple of panel's for alfa romeo, just need to get down there during weekend n see is there any gud one available.. will keep it posted if i found any..

Thanks again

·
Registered
659 Posts
You'll find a lot of tuning parts and panels are sourced from the UK or similar European countries. Don't discount Japan either, they like their Alfas and I've seen several websites for Japanese companies offering aftermarket equipment.

I doubt there'll be much onshore though. Don't forget about shipping and import taxes if you do decide to bring things over.

ROCK ON
R~R

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll find a lot of tuning parts and panels are sourced from the UK or similar European countries. Don't discount Japan either, they like their Alfas and I've seen several websites for Japanese companies offering aftermarket equipment.

I doubt there'll be much onshore though. Don't forget about shipping and import taxes if you do decide to bring things over.

ROCK ON
R~R
Tnx Rookie ROX,

Can i ask u how much the shippin n import tax might be if i import, say, $1000 worth of panel from UK or Japan. I dunno where to get this data from.. will appreciate if u can give me a rough figure..

tnx
Kams

·
Registered
659 Posts
Roughly speaking if the cost of the goods are over $1000, then you're looking at 10% for GST, and then 10-15% for excise/import tax. Obviously if you know the supplier they could be nice and write down the cost of the items a little, especially if it's around the $1k mark.

Shipping - It depends on the location, size and type of freight. But on large panels it could be enough to warrant it a waste of money. You're best off finding suppliers and then flicking them an email enquiring about costs for shipping. It's not something you can normally calculate yourself.

ROCK ON
R~R

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roughly speaking if the cost of the goods are over $1000, then you're looking at 10% for GST, and then 10-15% for excise/import tax. Obviously if you know the supplier they could be nice and write down the cost of the items a little, especially if it's around the $1k mark.

Shipping - It depends on the location, size and type of freight. But on large panels it could be enough to warrant it a waste of money. You're best off finding suppliers and then flicking them an email enquiring about costs for shipping. It's not something you can normally calculate yourself.

ROCK ON
R~R
Tnx a lot..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts