Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
I wonder where to get redline 75W90NS oil in Canada? any shop where I can get it in person (ontario) or only online orders?
Cheers
Francois

·
Registered
1973 Spider 2L
232 Posts
Not sure what your using it for. The s2 spider's as I recall all use 90w for steering box transmission and diff but I could be wrong. I've been recommended Chevron Delo ESI 80W-90, rated on the bottle as both GL-4 and GL-5. I think a comparable product from Lucas would also work well. VP racing sells a 80-90w Gl-4 on Amazon for 17USD a quart as well. If you cant find any of that at your local parts stores Amazon always sells this stuff in multiple brands and there shipping is pretty good as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what your using it for. The s2 spider's as I recall all use 90w for steering box transmission and diff but I could be wrong. I've been recommended Chevron Delo ESI 80W-90, rated on the bottle as both GL-4 and GL-5. I think a comparable product from Lucas would also work well. VP racing sells a 80-90w Gl-4 on Amazon for 17USD a quart as well. If you cant find any of that at your local parts stores Amazon always sells this stuff in multiple brands and there shipping is pretty good as well.
It is for my spider S3 transmission. It is the recommended one but you are right there may be some easier to find equivalent. I think it is the same that is recommended for the differential as well (need to check this though).

·
Registered
1973 Spider 2L
232 Posts
It is for my spider S3 transmission. It is the recommended one but you are right there may be some easier to find equivalent. I think it is the same that is recommended for the differential as well (need to check this though).
That would be good to check buy it in bulk and save some cash and trips to the store.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
The redline oil website has a dealer locator, looks like for Ontario most any partsource has Redline. Out west I use Mopac in Alberta and Lordco in BC.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yes, a few wholesalers in your area might be able to sell you one of those 42 gal drums of the good stuff.

The good news: It will last you for as long as you own the Alfa.

The bad news: Your great grandchildren will get in trouble with the law because, in their time, it will be against the law to own any hydrocarbons without a "Professional License".

People living then will look back to our times and say "Those were the good old days". ..:giggle:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot! Napa is indeed not in the list of the canadian resellers. I confirm that the NS is for the transmission but a non-NS is better for the differential as i ve read on this forum. so two distinct oils for transmission and differential.

cheers
Francois

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!!. Even better same oil...How do I know if I have a LSD or not ? spider S3 84.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,824 Posts
FWIW the Redline oil really helps with cold, balky synchros. It was a night and day transformation in my Berlina. Its not as cold here in Oregon as Ontario, but I do drive my Berlina down into the 30s. Before I could barely get it into second. Now it's a bit balk but goes it almost normally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts