Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this car on copart. I know some people have had bad experiences with Copart as an auction site, but if you're local, you could potentially save this car and have a nice verde.

The expected auction date is 10/6.

I couldn't get a link to work to get to the actual vehicle. If you go to copart.com and search for Alfa's, it should be there!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I look at it, and the body looks decent, but there appears to be a fair amount of sand in the engine bay and it makes me wonder if this car was a casualty of hurricane sandy?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I noticed this car a couple days ago. Whoever owned it either covered the seats or perhaps didn't weigh too much. They aren't exactly in great shape, but I've seen worse.

The powder in the engine bay would more than likely be residue from a fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It states that the car had fire damage, if it was also damaged by Sandy, don't buy it, it's a really unlucky car!

ironically, body looks great.......

Who has had bad experiences with CoPart? I just bought a car through them in June. Was actually not a bad experience, and car was better than advertised.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read lots of reviews about copart before thinking about buying a car from there. A lot of people talked about the workers stripping parts off the car before delivery. Also, they use forklifts to pickup the cars and it has been known to damage the underside of the cars. There were a few good reviews, but not many.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts