Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard can it be? All I want is a nice tight fitting red cotton or cotton blend dust type car cover with two mirror pockets for my Alfetta GT. Although I might need to get one for a GTV6 since I have a pair of GTV6 electric mirrors installed.

Not to be too fussy, but if the front has anything on it but 'Front', it should be Alfa Romeo...not a huge company name.

Or has anyone had one made expressly for their car in the So.Cal area?

·
Premium Member
14,952 Posts
Looks like a business opportunity.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I am needing an indoor dust cover too, although I am not as concerned with aesthetics.

I'll ask IAP and see if they will do group buy pricing. Biba69, I'll use your specs. Let's see what turns up.

Mark

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Here is what I sent to IAP:

Good afternoon,

Looks like there are a few of us who are looking to purchase an indoor “dust cover” for our GTV6 / Alfetta GTs.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta-gtv6-1975-1986/180799-red-custom-car-cover.html

Would you be interested in doing a discounted group buy if we could organize it on the forum? What discounts can you offer for quantities of:

The proposal is that all would be the same:

• Red indoor storage material
• Custom fit Alfetta / GTV6 with the GTV6 mirror pockets
• Alfa Romeo script printed on the front of the cover in black

We would need to work out the logistics of the group buy.

Please send me your proposal.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, this has happened before but just now I found several 'possibilities' regarding the covers - though I'm certainly open to what IAP's comments will be.

It turns out CoverCraft does make covers for the GTV6, but no pockets. This is also the case with Griot's two tone cover and AutoAccessories doesn't say if pockets are available on their red Coverking covers. All show pockets for mirrors, but the first ones's make it clear they come without. Mirror pockets are Very Imporant to me.

However...I keyed in Ferrari custom covers and up popped ItalianCarParts. They sell Alfa parts, but make no mention of covers for Alfas. However their custom Ferrari one comes all the way down and also covers the wheels. They don't say but the yellow (also available in red) cover they show has mirror pockets and the price is $400. Covers, Floor mats, Dash Covers, Sun Shields

One more interesting source was in the UK. They say nothing regarding Alfa's, but they have a black cover with white (or silver) beading on (apparently) an Aston Martin and it is very sharp. Price about the same, though shipping would be more: Custom Made Car Covers - Car Cover Shop

·
Registered
606 Posts
Biba,

Great topic!

I want two covers, Winter and Summer.

I have a very nice "Weather Sheild" I believe, waterproof, heavy duty Winter Cover, two problems with it, with no side mirror pockets, cover hangs high, exposing lower parts of car frame, wheels.

I also want a lighter duty with side mirror pockets cover for sun, heat and pollen dust protection when I am parked, at a friends house or the mall, other.

Also with clear designation of front and back when you unfold!

My thoughts,

ncng

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its been my experience with car covers that you really get what you pay for. I only go to California Car Covers. More money and well worth every penny. I have one for my Alfa Milano, Fiat Spider and Eclipse GST Spyder. They fit beautiful, they go past the lower rocker panels, have mirror pocket options, antenna options, etc. You can get a baby smooth interior one or a multi layer outdoor one. I got mine with the word MILANO across the front. They even come in colors. Geez I sound like a sales rep. I bought from some other car cover places and all you get for "custom fit" is a huge grey trash bag fit with the sides only going down and covering 3/4 of the doors and barely covering the top half of the bumpers. Just disgusting. Most people seem to settle for that but I demand car show quality and California Car Covers Deliver.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Its been my experience with car covers that you really get what you pay for. I only go to California Car Covers. More money and well worth every penny. I have one for my Alfa Milano, Fiat Spider and Eclipse GST Spyder. They fit beautiful, they go past the lower rocker panels, have mirror pocket options, antenna options, etc. You can get a baby smooth interior one or a multi layer outdoor one. I got mine with the word MILANO across the front. They even come in colors. Geez I sound like a sales rep. I bought from some other car cover places and all you get for "custom fit" is a huge grey trash bag fit with the sides only going down and covering 3/4 of the doors and barely covering the top half of the bumpers. Just disgusting. Most people seem to settle for that but I demand car show quality and California Car Covers Deliver.
Hey KrazyMann,

I did check out the site, looks awesome, which versions have you ordered for outside?

Thanks Again,

ncng

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the Ultraweave for outdoor winter and I use the Plushweave for summer indoor and outdoor. The Plushweave is so soft you could use it for a blanket. I can't say it enough. I hate those crappy thin crunchy grey generic ill fitting covers that look like you have a huge grey bag of trash in your driveway. I just love that plushweave.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
krazymaan, does California Car Covers include mirror pockets? I bought one of their covers years ago at a store in Beverly Hills (CA) and was told it would come with mirror pockets. Unfortunately it arrived with no pockets.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes. When the specific order takes place. they must have forgot to check the box for mirror pockets. Its at the end of the ordering process.

·
Registered
606 Posts
krazymaan, does California Car Covers include mirror pockets? I bought one of their covers years ago at a store in Beverly Hills (CA) and was told it would come with mirror pockets. Unfortunately it arrived with no pockets.
There is a box to check Biba,

ncng

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
OK - sorry for the delay.

Looks like Frank at IAP can set us up with a red indoor cover for $299. It is the Form-Fit variety. You can research it through Autosport, which is IAP's accessory arm.

It looks like a pretty nice cover and since they are focussed on Italian cars it should fit well.

Savings is $76 off their list price. There is no minimum order.

I would suggest calling IAP and asking for Frank - mention the Alfa BB post and coordinate the details.

"Form-Fit is an indoor cover also available in red. The logo is not available but the front again is blank. This does come with the mirror pockets and also has a 4 year warranty. The price on these is $375.00 each, we can do these for $299.00 for any quantity. We have samples available if you need to see them. Covers are made in the U.S.A."

Frank Battaglia
Parts Team Lead
International Auto
Welcome to International Auto Parts
1-800-726-0555

1 - 15 of 15 Posts