Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Red Alfa 33 Boxer for sale - Brisbane

Tags
alfa boxer
8K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  kman42 
#1 · (Edited)
Red Alfa 33 Boxer for sale - sold

Selling my 1990 Alfa 33 Boxer QV I have purchased a newer car.

I have owned it for a year but it's recently run out of rego, the car runs well and I have been driving it
has 200k on the clock, timing belt was done at 186k

problems:
-front shocks need re-gassing
-little rust in the boot
-I think something uses the battery when the car is off
-air con doesnt work, electrical issue?
-speedo doesnt work
-clear coat is peeling off the paint

I got a road worthy inspection by Midas and the following needs replacing to register the car

-RHS engine mount
-gear selector bush
-exhaust rubbers
-brake proportioning valve
-rear brake wheel cylinders

they said the rust and shocks were ok!

I'm asking $700 as is, negotiable

happy for anyone to come and have a look, drop me a PM if you need more info about the car

See less See more
#2 ·
A decent car, I have a few questions about it:

Have you had it checked out by a mechanic, ie. how sure a you that the problems listed are all thats needed for RWC?

What is the gearbox like? crunches?

Can you post pictures of the rust in the boot?

Looks pretty good though, I may be interested

#3 ·
thanks kman

I'll reply to your PM now with more detail and see if I can take a pic of the rust, the gears can be a bit difficult to shift but you get used to them

#4 ·
Interested..

Selling my 1990 Alfa 33 Boxer QV I have purchased a newer car.

I have owned it a year it has recently run out of rego, it needs a few things for RWC

It runs and I have been driving it
has 200k on the clock, timing belt was done at 186k

problems:
-front shocks need re-gassing
-little rust in the boot
-I think something uses the battery when the car is off
-air con doesnt work, electrical issue?
-speedo doesnt work
-clear coat is peeling off the paint

I'm asking $800 as is, negotiable

happy for anyone to come and have a look, drop me a PM if you need more info about the car
Hi I'm keen to come and have a look. where are yopu located?

#7 ·
hi my name is brendan ,ive been look for a car like your .i will purches it now from your discription,please contoct asap,and please put me out of my missery,if it has already gone ,thankyou.brendan,my number is.0247336678,mob is 04352356721.thanks again.
sent you a text this morning man give me a call when you can.

#10 ·
Still for sale...

I got a road worthy inspection by Midas and the following needs replacing to register the car

-RHS engine mount
-gear selector bush
-exhaust rubbers
-brake proportioning valve
-rear brake wheel cylinders

they said the rust and shocks were ok!

#15 ·
I will discuss it with my son. We have a '91 P4 and a '85 series 1.
How bad is the gear selector?
Thanks
Ian
The gear selector is fine once you learn how to shift it but driving it for the first time you will miss gears. I actually ordered a new bush for it, might still be in the shed

#17 ·
ok cool, do you intend to drive it down with a permit? I'd be happy to service it beforehand if you don't mind paying for consumables + a bit extra for labour

#19 ·
yes I was thinking of getting a permit and driving it home.
....bit unsure if it will make it??
any chance of seeing more photos
Hmm, I did quite a few hour long drives in it without issues but it has been sitting for 5 months only being started every 3 weeks. I'd like to think it would be fine to drive down but as you know anything could happen..

More pics as requested - one is of the boot rust which apparently wasn't a problem when I got an RWC inspection

Attachments

#22 ·
I can be in Brisbane this Thursday and/or this weekend, most weekends are good in fact. Although, I'm willing to buy it from the pics alone cause it would be a parts car - I'm not fussed on checking it out first. If its possible, do you have anyone who could hand over the keys on your behalf? I can do a bank transfer. Just to speed things up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.