Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello S4 enthusiasts:

I have a red / tan 1991 S4 with 52,000 miles that I am leaving behind cause I accepted a job position in Nigeria (yes Africa).

Not sure what to do with it as I owned it since 2009 (bought in Albuquerque with 36,000 miles).

Should I store it for 3-4 years or should I sell it?

I will appreciate your advice about storing an AR for so long, and if it does not make sense (I know it does not make too much sense financially, but we Alfisti are not driven by sense but by passion...), I was saying, if it does not make technically sense to store it, I will put on sale on this Forum.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Happy driving,

Igor

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello S4 enthusiasts:

I have a red / tan 1991 S4 with 52,000 miles that I am leaving behind cause I accepted a job position in Nigeria (yes Africa).

Not sure what to do with it as I owned it since 2009 (bought in Albuquerque with 36,000 miles).

Should I store it for 3-4 years or should I sell it?

I will appreciate your advice about storing an AR for so long, and if it does not make sense (I know it does not make too much sense financially, but we Alfisti are not driven by sense but by passion...), I was saying, if it does not make technically sense to store it, I will put on sale on this Forum.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Happy driving,

Igor
I.
Unless you prep to motor for long term storage, I'd suggest you sell it. Proper long term storage requires proper tire inflation to prevent tire flat spotting, using the round tire dollies is best. Topping off most fluids, except for gas, different schools of thought on this one. and proper sealing of the car to prevent mice and other rodents from having a nice car condo.
If you decide to keep it, I think that it's better to have a friend drive the car every month around the block. This'll keep things in good order. Topping off the fuel every other month or so to keep it from getting stale.
Best of luck on your new assignement.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you love it......keep it. If you love ALL cool cars (like me) sell it immediately and find another great car when you are ready!

Remember, driving a cool car in not a matter of life or death.........it is more important that that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If selling I'm interested

just shoot me a pm with the details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts