Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a 1991 S4 Spider for sale on ebay that finished today. Had 7850 original miles, was on motoringinvestments.com
I tracked the auction and couldn't believe it when winning bid was $33,100!
Can this be real? Is this some crazy bidder, never intending to close the deal?
I suspected the car would sell in the low 20K range, but 33K? This is a record price if true.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sounds crazy to me.

I saw the car a few days ago on ebay but I never thought it would reach such a price. But if the description was true the car was a time capsul. Guess there are still some Alfisti out there that are crazier than us board frequenters.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Not crazy at all.

Its just a guess, but I believe I know the buyer from purchasing a Triumph motorcycle from him the same day he first bid on this Alfa. One of the nicest people I have met if so! A really interesting fellow.

If my hunch is correct, this is his first Alfa and he has the means and desire to buy the best one available of the model he wants, just as he did with the Tridents.

I suggested this model, and gave him a couple of Alfa books, but I didn't expect him to follow through so fast and with such a forceful bid. I suspect he may be on this board soon enough, if his other board positions don't keep him too busy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts