Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for recommendations of distributors/sources for a top that will properly fit a 1963 Alfa Romeo Spider 1600. My Daddy bought a replacement top many years ago and he was never happy with it because it didn't fit as well as the original top. I don't know who he purchased the top that's currently on her.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
This is the source that has been in business since 1943. They custom make every top to fit your car. This is who I will be using for my soft-top on my spider. ROBBINS AUTO TOP
The shop is in Santa Monica, CA. 805.604.3200

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
I'm looking for recommendations of distributors/sources for a top that will properly fit a 1963 Alfa Romeo Spider 1600. My Daddy bought a replacement top many years ago and he was never happy with it because it didn't fit as well as the original top.
Are you going to install the top yourself, or have an upholstery shop do it?

If a shop will do the work, have them source the top. Otherwise, no matter what brand you buy, when you bring it to a shop they'll say "oh, that's a brand Y, we prefer brand X" and any problems with the resulting job will become your responsibility.

If you plan on installing it, then yes, Robbins does have a great reputation. But that doesn't mean that every amateur installation of a Robbins top is guaranteed to come out looking great.

Reactions: velocedoc
1 - 4 of 4 Posts