Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to get to the rust on my car. The rockers are actually OK, but the area right behind the front wheels, and around the rear wheels needs to be done.

I'm not looking for concourse. I want to just have it repaired, and paint matched, and will spring for a full repaint after I pay for a wedding.

Any recommendations for Northern / North Central New Jersey?

Mo in NJ
Basking Ridge

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Good luck with that, that's what she says now! Then it's the kids, the house, the bathroom, the kitchen, blah blah blah. Better to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission.:D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good luck with that, that's what she says now! Then it's the kids, the house, the bathroom, the kitchen, blah blah blah. Better to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission.:D
Actually, this is for my Daughters wedding.

My wife is a HUGE proponent of getting the work done!

As for "ask for forgiveness", one of my favorite bosses taught me that, and it did me well (except for the time I got fired, but that's another story!).

Mo in NJ
Lucky man!

·
Administrator
14,297 Posts
Wives don't like half finished things. It's not completed and looks messy ...

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Maybe you are getting idea's privately for a shop. With all the people there you would think one or two would be around. Not outside the realm of possibility, at least in my own frames of reference. Why not look at taking it to gprockets shop in Detroit. Google says it's only a 10 hour drive. At least you know the work you want will be done well. BradCo Restorations

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I really didn't mean anything by my comment, my wife is extremely understanding about my passion and takes part in most local and national events. You can call Larry Commerford at Foreign Specialties, he's in Manville NJ not too far from exit 13 off 287. 908-526-6960. He does very nice work and will do repairs, some other shops I know will not do spot repairs and only will do full car restorations. Good luck, tell him Pete with the blue Montreal sent you.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really didn't mean anything by my comment, my wife is extremely understanding about my passion and takes part in most local and national events. You can call Larry Commerford at Foreign Specialties, he's in Manville NJ not too far from exit 13 off 287. 908-526-6960. He does very nice work and will do repairs, some other shops I know will not do spot repairs and only will do full car restorations. Good luck, tell him Pete with the blue Montreal sent you.
Thanks Pete. I'll try him.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe you are getting idea's privately for a shop. With all the people there you would think one or two would be around. Not outside the realm of possibility, at least in my own frames of reference. Why not look at taking it to gprockets shop in Detroit. Google says it's only a 10 hour drive. At least you know the work you want will be done well. BradCo Restorations
Are these are the guys that were profiled in Haggerty a while back? Probably out of my price range!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts