Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I am a new duetto owner and I need to replace the torn top. I am looking to buy a cheap canvas top (if there is such a thing) but with accurate pattern. Anyone any experience with this??? such as tops by World Upholstry/Caribou/Duetto motors llc They are priced between 250 - 300.

Any one have any experience with them, or can offer alternative tops that they are satisfied with for the duetto?

Thank you
fgc

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the hyperlink.

However, I would still appreciate those with duetto to give their opinion and recommend the vendor they bought the hood from and what the quality and fit was like. This is because round tail and kamm tails uses different top patterns and a vendor with an accurate kamm tail may not necessarily have an accurate top for the round tail. So if we can pool our thoughts together, we can have an idea who makes a good top for a good price.

Thank you

Also anyone tried Duetto motor llc or world upholstry' canvas top? they cost 250 and 300 respectively.

fgc

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi,

I bought a Caribou top. The quality is very good. I've heard from some people that they don't give you a whole lot of extra material to work with. While I've heard of people installing their top themselves, I think it is important that a professional do this job. I had a great place in Pasadena do mine. It cost around $225 for the install and around $220 for the top. They couldn't believe what I paid for it since the cheapest one they could order cost THEM $450. I also had the frame powdercoated while things were apart. I bought the 6 piece rubber side window seal set from Highwood in England. Thoroughly satisfied with all aspects. If you're in So.Cal. I can give you the information.

Dan

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pasadena Trim Shop

Hi Dan,

Could you tell me the name of the trim shop in Pasadena that installed your convertible top. I am looking to replace my vinyl top. I am glad to hear that you had good results with Caribou. I've read some negative feed back regarding the pattern cut, but I think they were all for the Kamm-tails.

Thanks
Ping

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Ping ( and any other interested parties ),

The name of my installer is:

Henkels Custom
1456 E. Walnut St.
Pasadena

(626) 796-4389

Dan