Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I need to find the material for Verde Recaro interior. I only need enough to redo my rear seat. I have an upholstery guy already but I wasn't sure where to start looking for the material. Also, does the material come in separate pieces that need to be stiched together or does it come as a single piece that is put over the foam? I got new interior pieces for my Junior and it was a single piece that slipped over the foam.
Thanks for any info,
Rob

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
There is also a store in Leicester England that specializes in Recaro seat parts and materials. I can find the details if you need them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the leads.
I looked at the Reoriginals website and it didn't seem to have the Recaro material for the Milano, so I guess I have to call them.
The info for the place in England would be good to have and greatly appreciated. The only problem I see is the poor exchange rate but if that is where I have to get the material, then so be it.
Is there any other places, preferably stateside, that may have the material?
I've noticed many threads of people changing the interior all together with leather or a different color/material, but I don't want to do that.
Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
re original and capital seat are both out of materials. I have been searching for a long time for the same stuff. I just bought the last remaining material at a shop in Washington. I possible will have some left over when I am done doing mine. I can keep you posted.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Definitely keep me posted.
Thanks for all the help guys.
The rubber bottoms broke on my seats too and I contacted Recaro in Germany and they couldn't help me. I used seatbelt material and made straps but would definitely want to get original recaro rubber pieces. The English place looks likea good source even though they are out of material.
What are the actual names of the two material colors needed for the Verde interior?
Thanks again.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
The "rubber bottom" is called a diaphragm. I bought one from Capital Seating.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The center material for the seats is the 'Monza' pattern. I tried to get new foam for the side bolsters and fabric a few years ago and was told Recaro stopped making it as they had new seat designs. That seems most un-german to me... I had gotten some bottom covers made by Automat on Long Island (a long time ago...).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had my seats redone at Automat a couple of years ago. They had the black material but they said the grey was NLS. However they had something that was very close. I am happy with the results.

Tony Brucia

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would also like to know the name of the substitute material and see some pics if poissible. I think the search for the original material is gonna be tougher than I thought.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll try to take the pix tonite. I know the match was close enought that I didnt mind having a combination of the old and new material on the same seat back.

Tony

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Tony,
Was wondering if you ever got a chance to take those pics of your interior? I would really like to see the results. Hopefully it will direct me to a more credible solution as the Recaro material seems impossible to find. Probably would be somewhat cheaper which is alway a plus!
Rob

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry for the delay guys. Last weekend I blew the headgaskets which my friendly mechanic is working on now. I tried to take a pix while it was laid up but it was toodark. I should get the car back either tommorow or monday at which point I can take a decent pix or 2.

Sorry for the delay!!!

Tony:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Guys,
Any news on the monza replacement material for the verde seats, any pics and supplier tel#? Any info would be greatley appreciated..........Mike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts