Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recognize this marking on a T255/1 ? Wondering who might have rebuilt this??

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its possible that Frank, the SPICA rebuilder at Danny Wells shop (Foreign Auto Menders in Poway CA) made this mark but could also be someone else. Busstjan where did you get that pump?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought it in Germany - but the pump was from car which was imported from US. The numbers look like month and year maybe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Probably, but I am not sure. Here in EU is like that-If you Import the car from US, it has to be SoCal car, since it is known that they dont have problems with rust.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Don't forget that Alfa rebuilt the pumps in house at the parts warehouses back in the day.

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
I had a pump with similar markings and asked Wes. As his usual gracious self he said it was a company on the west coast that used to rebuild Spica pumps. I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you if he recognizes the markings.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would be Frank at FAM. I have a few of his tools and access to the (currently non-op but seemingly complete) SPICA test machine. Frank built it and rebuilt pumps for years there, he was factory trained. I remember well when he passed away, very sad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts