Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of two rebuilt Engines Posted:
I have FS, a Freshly Rebuilt, Pre 82', 2.0ltr Spider/ GTV/ Berlina/ Alfetta Engine. Rebuilt with 10.01 Compression "Motronic" Pistons, 10.1mm 'Euro" Cams, New Bearings, Rings, Oil Pump, Timing Chains ETC. Fitted with a "bat wing" oil pan. Engine # ARO 1629 002269. Originally Posted for $6,k in competition with Vicks and Centerline, who, in addition require a "core" engine or $1,500 Core Charge, (plus shipping).
I am offering this, rite now, for a limited time, $4100. with no core or core charge. I can send more pics of this build. This was rebuilt by me, personally, with my 40+ Years of "Alfa" experience. Come pick it up, here in Astoria Oregon or YOU can arrange "Freight" shipping to your destination. I will put it on a pallet. You could not Rebuild your engine for anything close to this price.
Bob Lesher

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I have FS, a Freshly Rebuilt, Pre 82', 2.0ltr Spider/ GTV/ Berlina/ Alfetta Engine. Rebuilt with 10.01 Compression "Motronic" Pistons, 10.1mm 'Euro" Cams, New Bearings, Rings, Oil Pump, Timing Chains ETC. Fitted with a "bat wing" oil pan. Engine # ARO 1629 002269. Originally Posted for $6,k in comp. with Vicks and Centerline, who, in addition require a "core" engine or $1,500 Core Charge, (plus shipping).
I am offering this, rite now, for a limited time, $4800. with no core or core charge. I can send more pics of this build. This was rebuilt by me, personally, with my 40+ Years of "Alfa" experience. Come pick it up, here in Astoria Oregon or YOU can arrange "Freight" shipping to your destination. I will put it on a pallet. You could not Rebuild your engine for anything close to this price. Bob Lesher
Interested in this. please send pm. Rand

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, what can I tell you about the 2.0ltr Engine I am selling? Bob 503-325-1957

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Hi Bob,
Biggest challenge for me would be shipping it to Rhode Island... Can you "ball park " the freight price?.. I do have a friend in SC with a trucking business but don't know if they're loose enough to offer a pandemic discount. If you don't have a guess I'm sure I could figure a rough on. I have an engine that needs bottom and top end done at 115K and just not sure I;m up to it at the moment. Thanks for your reply, Rand

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
I shipped an engine to and from Oregon about a year ago. It was aeound 250.00 each way. It was picked up and delivered to the freight terminal in Oregon. I used the new Uship website for arrange feight truck shipping it worked great.

Also you will save the most money by delivering it to the freight terminal. Unless you have a commercial address with a loading dock or forklift.

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
I had an engine shipped to me on Estes trucking, dropped it off at Norman Racing, which is a business and has a forklift. Don't know about cost, seller paid shipping as part of the deal.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I would guess, $300-$400? Bob
Thanks Bob, Let me weigh the options. It's for a Spider project so don't want to get our ahead of myself ( soo much) but fear if I attempt it on my own would take a good piece of my golden years. Back to you later. Cheers, Rand

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If Shipping, Coast to Coast, is $250. as stated above, I will Cover 1/2, (ie $125.) Bob

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
After taking a deep breath and longer view of projects at hand, I'm going to pass at the moment. It's not so much the price as completing the task along with the floors etc. Hope you understand. Would be awfully nice to have though.. Rand

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of two rebuilt Engines Posted:
I have FS, a Freshly Rebuilt, Pre 82', 2.0ltr Spider/ GTV/ Berlina/ Alfetta Engine. Rebuilt with 10.01 Compression "Motronic" Pistons, 10.1mm 'Euro" Cams, New Bearings, Rings, Oil Pump, Timing Chains ETC. Fitted with a "bat wing" oil pan. Engine # ARO 1629 002269. Originally Posted for $6,k in competition with Vicks and Centerline, who, in addition require a "core" engine or $1,500 Core Charge, (plus shipping).
I am offering this, rite now, for a limited time, $4800. with no core or core charge. I can send more pics of this build. This was rebuilt by me, personally, with my 40+ Years of "Alfa" experience. Come pick it up, here in Astoria Oregon or YOU can arrange "Freight" shipping to your destination. I will put it on a pallet. You could not Rebuild your engine for anything close to this price.
If Coast to Coast Shipping is, (as posted below) $250. I will cover 1/2, (ie $125.) Bob Lesher
What kind of HP do you suppose it's going to produce? Are you building the other one for sale as well?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both Engines are posted FS. The 10:mm Cam Engine, with the "10:1 Motronic" Pistons, should be approx. 150- 160HP, the engine with the 11.5- 11mm Cams, (and Motronic Pistons), should be approx. 170- 180HP. conservatively. These numbers might be higher, depending on Carbs, Ignition, Tuning and such, determining output. The 2nd, 11mm Cam engine should be a couple pages back, (and slightly more expensive). Both Engines are built the same, except for the Cams. Bob 503-325-1957

·
Registered
39 Posts
A bit late for me to continue the conversation here, but I will reach out tomorrow via phone. Thank you. David 207-513-0777 mobile

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Hey Bob,
Has the crank been drilled for a pilot bushing, assuming it is an Alfetta motor with 115 pan? Come with flywheel? Was it balanced with the flywheel? What was done in the way of machine work? Rods resized and new pin bushings? Who did the machine work? Was head surfaced and does it have new valves and guides?

Thanks,
Stu
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Stu, Yes, there is a pilot bushing. Does not come with a flywheel, but I have one if needed. Everything was measured, no machine work required. Pin bushings were good, (the motor had under 60,k miles). Head was lightly surfaced, Exhaust guides replaced, intakes were good and a couple valves replaced, done by the local Marine Machine shop, who said, the head had little use since previous rebuilt. Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Bob, Sorry for the disappearance act. I got busy and forgot. I did put some thought into this and being as its too far out concerning my sequence of events "to do" on my build and wanting to do it myself, I will pass. Seems like a very, very good deal and wouldn't mind having two engines to swap out for racing, but if I did that, again, I would want to go through it again. Great deal for someone. GLWTS David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts