Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone know what "gear lightening" entails?
I would like to do this when I rebuild my transmission this winter if it recommended.
I do drive my car daily,
(I have a Hyundai Elantra GT when "olio" needs a "break") -
What effects does gear lightening have on driveability? will it weaken the gears?

I have access to a professional machine shop - I just have to tell them what to do with the gears when I bring them in (if?).

I'll definitely put in a new clutch kit as well - LineaRossaUSA has the 3pc kit for only $150.

Vlad at LineaRossa is great - I got 4 new Koni Red's for $300 INCLUDING FREIGHT in January.
Spider corners on RAILS now!!!

· Registered
55 Posts
I don't think anything is too much for a street machine.

If it allows you to shift like a mad non-gear-grinding hellion - or at least get you closer to that goal - then it's worth it.

I probably shift just as much as any autocrosser - it just takes me all week to accumulate the shifts that a racer gets on Saturday. :p

Seriously though - is there any info out there on the exact weight reduction, process, dimensions - ie. "take 5mm of each side of 1st, drill 8 holes and balance by shaving here..."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.