Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm thinking of using the top frame with headrest from a 76 seat and putting it on the lower seat from my 67. Then add some lumbar support and recover them with 69 or 71/79 vert. pleating upholstery kit.
Anyone know if this can be done?
Are there any size differences in these seats?
Headrests the same?
Centerline seems to make a distinction between 69 and 71/79.
Jeff

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,683 Posts
OK so I'm thinking of using the top frame with headrest from a 76 seat and putting it on the lower seat from my 67. Then add some lumbar support and recover them with 69 or 71/79 vert. pleating upholstery kit.
Anyone know if this can be done?
Are there any size differences in these seats?
Headrests the same?
Centerline seems to make a distinction between 69 and 71/79.
Jeff
I don't know if the seat backs will lock properly to the Duetto seat pan. You may have to use the hinges from the Duetto with the later model seat backs. Why not just use the complete seat from the 76?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying ossodiseppia.
You seem to be the round tail restoration guy here.
The 76 bottoms are pretty much toast (completely rusted through). The 67 seats are good but I want to have headrests so I was hoping I could put them together. Having headrests would not be an as original look but about as close as I could get and have headrests. The hinges on the 67"s are good. I haven't seen the 76's yet so I don't know if they (hinges) mount differently or not. That is what I need to know before I get them.
Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts