Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question: I'm Rebuilding a 1991 Spider...

Ok, so this might sound a little noobish but...I bought a 1991 Spider with a seized engine. I also happen to have 2 spare 2000 engines in my garage for a 1979 and 1981 spiders.
Can someone tell me if either the 1979,1981 blocks or the heads compatible with the 1991?
Thank you for your input.

·
Premium Member
22,391 Posts
Spica and Bosch heads are different on intake side, slight dimensional differences from the top view. CL or IAP site has illustrated comparisons.
Blocks, in I believe 1988 the size of the rear main seal changed, 1991 will have front cover differences, won't it, for PS, different water pump, mounts for crank sensor on flywheel? Spica front covers allow for Spica pump. Not certain on other block changes. Does oil dipstick go in same place? On Spica it's on the pan. Bosch pan typically has AC mounts on it. As to other block differences, I'm not thinking of any, but others may chime in.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,568 Posts
I had a spun main bearing on my 72 and got a later replacement and the dipstick was in the block. Other than that every thing else lined up no sweat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts