Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 164L engine to rebuild and install in my GTV6. The crankshaft and heads should be in good condition - no spun bearings, etc, but worn out cams and piston rings are not a problem. I would like to find one within a few hundred miles of Columbia SC. I am in no rush but it would be nice to have it before Christmas.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Ed,
Im located up in charlotte NC, and I have countless 164 motors and a couple 3.0's for sure along with a lsd tranny as well if its something you're looking to beef up on a gtv6 ;) . Anyways, let me know if you're still interested
Giuseppe

·
Registered
88 Posts
P.S. I've done several of these conversions along with currently installing a 3.5 4 cam motor in a milano..hence my name.. So incase theres any other tid bits or if you're looking for advice feel free to PM me or call at 718-381-6764 or at 704-509-4520.
Giuseppe

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Giuseppe,
Thanks for the reply. I have sent a deposit to Erik Costinen for the converted 164S motor that you rebuilt and installed in the GTV6 that was later wrecked.

I may be interested in an LSD tranny at some point.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ahhhh,
I see...That was actually my personal car..Im Giuseppe's son, Giuseppe Jr. That was an amazing motor.
You will certainly enjoy what its got.
Giuseppe

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Giuseppe,
I have the motor from Erik and the AC compressor is attached. Was it working properly when you had it?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts