Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The emblem from my '91 164 has decided to separate itself from the trunk lid.

Looking at the back emblem, it appears that the hole that is the pivot point might be rounded out some after years of going back and forth. (Ya think?)

I get the feeling that I have to replace the emblem as I can see no any of "unrounding" it.

Am I right or Ammirillo? Or is there a trick I don't knowr

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
The emblem from my '91 164 has decided to separate itself from the trunk lid.

Looking at the back emblem, it appears that the hole that is the pivot point might be rounded out some after years of going back and forth. (Ya think?)

I get the feeling that I have to replace the emblem as I can see no any of "unrounding" it.

Am I right or Ammirillo? Or is there a trick I don't knowr
Were you able to retrieve all the mounting pieces - hair spring for flip action, coil spring, metal washer, cup washer and circlip for mounting pin?

Is emblem mounting pin worn out of round or just hole in black back piece?

You might be able to bush the hole with a thin wall piece of tubing with ID large enough for emblem shaft to fit into. If you find tubing to make a bushing out of ream the hole in black backing and press bushing in wet with some epoxy sealant to hold it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Were you able to retrieve all the mounting pieces - hair spring for flip action, coil spring, metal washer, cup washer and circlip for mounting pin?"

I have the hair spring. Didn't see the other parts there.

"Is emblem mounting pin worn out of round or just hole in black back piece?"

Unsure about the mounting pin. Hard to tell being that I don't know what a new one looks like. The design is odd in itself. The hole on the back of the emblem definately looks rounded out.

"You might be able to bush the hole with a thin wall piece of tubing with ID large enough for emblem shaft to fit into. If you find tubing to make a bushing out of ream the hole in black backing and press bushing in wet with some epoxy sealant to hold it."

That I shall try.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Alfa 164 Trunk Emblem assembly 60509879

Here is exploded view of parts for rear emblem:
"clothes pin" like spring, rubber sealing oring for shaft, shaft coil spring, cup retainer for spring and circlip to hold together.

Two wasted emlems in picture to show front and rear view.

Black back plate houses key lock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Here is exploded view of parts for rear emblem:
"clothes pin" like spring, rubber sealing oring for shaft, shaft coil spring, cup retainer for spring and circlip to hold together.

Two wasted emlems in picture to show front and rear view.

Black back plate houses key lock.
Thanks for that Steve - shows me a little more of what I got for my AUD$158 yesterday (US$129)!

It puzzles me how the colours disappear from the badge, considering that they are sealed inside the clear enamel (aren't they?) Does all the clear enamel flake off first or something?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pictures. I was afraid that the emblem was permanently sealed (maybe it is?) and unable to be opened. More to look at.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Steve - - I got a new rear emblem for my LS a year ago from JJ, its complete but i need to swap the lock instert, just curious what it takes to swap them out, going over to my folks house tonight and would have a chance to change it. I am also preparing my spare motor and getting it out of their barn and in my shed, the dam mud wasps down hear filled in some of the holes on the valve covers and pissed me off, so i need to take it to work and use the parts washer on it. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Thanks for that Steve - shows me a little more of what I got for my AUD$158 yesterday (US$129)!

It puzzles me how the colours disappear from the badge, considering that they are sealed inside the clear enamel (aren't they?) Does all the clear enamel flake off first or something?

Wow that is a lot of money for that 60509879 item. My dealer show 3 in stock for $39.25

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Steve - - I got a new rear emblem for my LS a year ago from JJ, its complete but i need to swap the lock instert, just curious what it takes to swap them out, going over to my folks house tonight and would have a chance to change it. I am also preparing my spare motor and getting it out of their barn and in my shed, the dam mud wasps down hear filled in some of the holes on the valve covers and pissed me off, so i need to take it to work and use the parts washer on it. thanks in advance

I don't know I have never pulled assembly off trunk or lock out of black backing plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts