Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the "mesh" style rear wind screen in their roundtail? (Like IAP sells) I'd love to hear your comments about how it works or doesn't. I've read much; pros, cons, putting the top up, etc. All helpful. Bottom line, my hearing issues are made worse by the buffeting but I prefer to drive top down.

Thanks in advance.

GMack
69 Spider
74 GTV

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I fitted one to my S2 last year, and it really does work great. You have to take a little care when folding top up and down, but it really is no big deal. It greatly reduces the buffeting in the ****pit...the wife insists on using it when she is aboard ! When not in use (top up), it folds down to horizontal, so it does not obscure the view aft. A great investment, in my opinion. And dead easy to install, too. No drilling, etc required.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice photo

Thanks for the photo reference and comments.

Any more? Roundtails?

Thank you.

Gmack
69 Spider
74 GTV

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are thinking of ordering the version from IAP I suggest talking to them first. My wife wants me to get one, but I was told by one of their salesfolks that theirs unfortuately would not work with a type 1 spider.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is correct. The wind deflector that IAP offers will not fit the roundtail Alfa. I have a friend that tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts