Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfisti,
I noticed that both rear wheels have a little play when the car is on the jacks rocking them to any direction. It is similar like the front wheels play when the bearings are not adequate tightened/adjusted. Of course rear bearings are fixed, so no play adjustement is possible. Also there is no any noise or vibration as I had greased them during restoration. I am afraid that most probably would be replaced having already excessive play. Any idea if I am correct or not?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Are they moving just in and out, could be your t bar has slack either at the trunions or at the diff mount this would mean the complete axle is moving side to side.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the same question. Was told that the limited slip versions have pöay and it's OK
Sorry but some characters are unreadable. However I have limited slip differential and now as I can think ....yes it could be an explanation.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they moving just in and out, could be your t bar has slack either at the trunions or at the diff mount this would mean the complete axle is moving side to side.
No they don't move in-out. All bushes and rubbers are replaced. The movement is radial if I express correct my self.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts