Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking For help I'm Getting A Rumbling Noise From Car Out Of First gear Looking To replace Rear Wheel Bearings On 1990 Alfa Spider Veloce can Anyone Help With What The Correct Procedure To Pull Axles Do I Need To Open The Rear End To Pull Axles Etc.Also Can I Get The Retaining Rings From A local Supply House Or Do I order From Special Order Or Can I Reuse Same Rings Help.:confused:

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
There's no need to open the rear.
After removing the tire, remove brake caliper and properly support it to prevent damaging the brakeline (no need to disconnect the brakeline).
Disconnect the parking brake cable at the diff.
Remove four nuts securing the brake backing plate to the axle tube.
Pull axle straight out.
The special locking collars are available at your favorite Alfa parts vendor.
Please see this thread for a bit more info.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Wheel bearings ?

Looking For help I'm Getting A Rumbling Noise From Car Out Of First gear Looking To replace Rear Wheel Bearings On 1990 Alfa Spider Veloce :confused:
Well, so am I. If you've got rumbling when changing from first gear, why do you think it's rear wheels bearings.
Probably the notorius 2. gear synchomesh worn. It a gearbox repair job.
Gone wheels bearing is a constant rumbling changing noise level with speed and turning round bends at speed.
Erik

·
Premium Member
13,676 Posts
Low speed rumbles can be due to a weak driveshaft center support. I would rather replace one of those than rear wheel bearings.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
2 x 88 Milano Verde's

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drive Shaft Bumping Floor Boards

Hey There I Have A 1990 Spider Replaced Universal joints all,Replaced transmission mount,kept the support bearing/flex gear seam to be getting a thumping noise out of first gear think its the flex joint just barely hitting. went under car grabbed driveshaft by the bearing area shook it up and down felt pretty sturdy. Seemed to be plenty of room between top of flex joint and floor boards about 3/4" and tight.The Bolt that goes into the trans mount is original but doesn't seem to be really holding tranny mount correctly but seems to be correct not sure where to take it next one of my last problems to solve any thoughts or solution greatly appreciated [email protected]y The way I talked to person @ international said they all do that:eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I Did The Clutch On The Veloce Had Taken The Trans To A reputable Shop Completly Dismantled the tranny found it in A-One condition. It doesn't do it out of first gear it does it when I take off in first gear under a load thanks for trying [email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got Fed Up With The situation put the car up on jacks disconnected trans support seen the problem corrected it.Heres what I found the main bolt going through the trans bracket-through the support was not in correctly instead of going through the mount it was going through the small area above the metal sleeve where there is an opening therefore bouncing up And down disconnected bolt put it into the metal sleeve put everything back together will take it for a ride today. [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts