Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this challenging adventure having a huge difficulty to take out the bushes of trailing arms...what a problem even using my hydraulic press. Anyway this was done but taking out the stock coils I found to the left side one plastic shim (see photos). I didn't notice any noticeable difference in height before dismantling. I can only guess that was fitted to compensate the side weight of gasoline and driver. Any idea? Is it a usual practice? All suspension parts are stock and coils have same length.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
The only way I've been able to do it is to VERY carefully cut the bushing with a sawsall through to the outside just to the trailing arm. Keep the blade level so as not to cut into the trailing arm and once through the bushing will be easy to drive out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  • The only way I've been able to do it is to VERY carefully cut the bushing with a sawsall through to the outside just to the trailing arm. Keep the blade level so as not to cut into the trailing arm and once through the bushing will be easy to drive out.
    I manage to do it finally without damaging arms. New bushes already in place... Also I welded / reinforced the fixing of bushes' cylindrical holder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts