Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me if on this picture the limiting straps are installed correctly ? I mean the green/blue side outside. I don't know why and honestly I don't remember, but I installed mine on the other side. Before removing it even if it shouldn't matter too much, I want to be sure I'm wrong !

Picture is from Msiert BB member's car

·
Premium Member
21,700 Posts
Do you mean do they wrap around the right part of the axle? Looks right to me.
The parking brake is upside down, but maybe that's intentional? GTAs with sliding block reversed it like this for clearance.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I think Murray corrected the park brake after this pic was taken.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick answer. Yes my question was only about the green side in or out.

Do you know how it was originally ? I'm quite sure I installed it green side in for a reason because intuitively and aesthetically I would go green side out as pictured.

·
Premium Member
21,700 Posts
When I started driving 105 cars in the mid 70s, it was not possible tell what color the straps were. Burlap/tan/grey/dust/mud colored. I never knew they were green til the repros came out.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
When the cars were new the straps were a yellow to tannish color. They turned grey quickly once the car left the new car lot. I put a set on my 69 boat tail that I bought from Alfa in the early 90's. One of the straps had a printed label on it that said Pirelli. So I guess thats who made them originally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts