Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

After reading the spare part catalogue I noticed that the rear suspension should have aluminium spacer between coil spring and upper rubber pad (1365.48.431). I can’t recall any spacers from rear suspension during my dissembling period, why I need to ask for advice. I have some doubts that the spare part catalogue is truthful as the front suspension pic in the catalogue isn’t showing correct setup for the 101.23 regarding location of spacer vs. rubber pad.

The car is from 1964 and I wouldn’t be surprised if the car shouldn’t have rear spacer at all.
Anyone sharing my view?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,110 Posts
In reading through the 750 shop manual, it mentions that, at least as to Giulietta Berlinas, there were multiple spring series of different lengths, some of which required a spacer of this type to get the ride height ride, and some of which didn't. So maybe these are just for certain springs? Or maybe yours were removed in the past to lower the car?

On 115 cars these were used to get the front up to US-legal headlight height.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Silly question, but have you looked up the spring tube. On my car they were bonded by time to the rubber dust cap at the top, which in turn had bonded itself to the bodywork!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Silly question, but have you looked up the spring tube. On my car they were bonded by time to the rubber dust cap at the top, which in turn had bonded itself to the bodywork!
No worries, I ask silly questions :)
As for now the coil spring attaches directly to the rubber pad which have a metal surface towards coil spring side and rubber on the body side. The rubber pad (for rear axle) has also rubber dust cap on top. The coil spring side has also a metal cone at pressent holding the spring in location but I don't beleive this is good enough and specers are there for a reason.
So I have all sparts as shown in the spare part pic except for the aluminium spacer.

I'm think the rear spacers was removed by pre-owner or missplaced by my self as I do beleive that spacer should be installed to get correct balance of the car as well as balance to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts