Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've searched all of the US Alfa parts vendors and it looks like no one carries original rear springs for 1966-1969 105 Alfas. These springs aren't the same as the ones used in 1971-onwards Alfas, right?
Does anyone know of a place where I can get these rear springs?

Thanks a lot,
Ryo

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I am not near my parts manual and I don't know where the cutoff/change over belongs, and aparently it is not readily agreed upon.

Classic Alfa shows part # SU002 as standard, SU088 as fitting 83-93

Highwood shows 63 - 81 and 82 - 94

E B Spares shows up to 85 and 85>

Centerline performance springs split at 66-69 and 71-94

I know it isn't much help but it seems the Euro cars shared springs into the 80s while the US cars split with S1 vs. S2+

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I bought the performance springs at Centerline, not realizing they lowered the car 1".... But as you mentioned, the years vary for the (original) springs based on the source. I don't want to make the same mistake!

·
Registered
346 Posts
30 years ago my Duetto was drupping at the rear so I firgured new springs were in order. I fitted spring from the Guilia TI series figuring that they would be a bit stiffer than the original. Today my duetto still sits up proud like it should

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
different thickness shims were used by the factory to trim the spring height/ride height. several vendors still show some. seems like they could be easy to make if need be. You could get back a little of the lost inch.

·
Registered
what part?
10,488 Posts
try speedway motors, for springs the tru-coil spring rear are only49.95 each, with many diff rates.. fast shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies, but do speedway motors carry original-type alfa romeo springs?

·
Registered
what part?
10,488 Posts
a spring is a spring.. just look for 5" di x16" long... try for 125"/lbs.. best rate, i have them on my car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, thanks... but it seems the lowest the tru-coil springs go are 150. the AFCO seem to be ok... which car do you have these springs installed on?

·
Registered
what part?
10,488 Posts
1984 spider.., going to dump them in the next month or so,, going to qa1 coil covers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts