Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GTV6 awhile back, it was in pieces. Along with it, I received an Alfetta transaxle and rear suspension.
20210330_170112.jpg

In the picture above:
On left is a rubber cushion, I have only one. The 2 upper rubber cushions are installed on the car.
In the center is a rather thick (1/2" to 3/4") aluminum spacer, I have 2, and on the right is a thin steel ring, I have 2.
I was under the impression the rubber cushion fits on the de-dion spring pad, followed by the aluminum ring, the coil spring, and finally the thin steel ring that fits on the rubber cushion on the body.

I looked at my Milano, and didn't see any of these pieces that mount to the axle. I also thought the Milano springs were thicker (didn't measure). I measured my coil springs as 25.6mm (>1") thick. (in background of image)

My question is, how were GTV6 rear suspension springs set up? Most likely I will not install the rubber cushions or the aluminum spacer.
Did I get Alfetta springs? How thick are GTV6 springs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The thin rubber pads go on the de-dion spring perch followed by the thin metal ring. The thicker rubber pads go on the body followed by the thicker metal ring. I have seen cars without the rubber and metal pads on the De-dion, but I believe all cars came with them from the factory.
Coil springs are different on the Milano, but I don't know their specs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I guess, I'll have to figure out if the rear springs are proper for this car, is when I finally get it back together. Basically, too understeery, find thicker springs (Milano, or actual GTV6(?)).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts