Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some 6-1/2 Boston Acoustics speakers I'd like to get for the far rear, far left/right panels.

What are the odds of them fitting? I have 6" speakers there now, but they're not nearly as bulky below/behind the speaker as these.

Actually I just did a bit more 'research' and the large gas hose would prevent the left speaker from going all the way down.

Though I'd still like to know if the right one would fit.

Biba

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Depends how deep they are. I got 6' in both my Fetta and GTV-6. I think you can go bout 5" in. It will stop the rear window, but who uses them!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I'm talking about the small horizontal - all the way to the rear - panels on either side of the trunk cover.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
If you only need an inch or so I would consider spacers. Even if only temporary while you figure out another solution. Nice looking speakers. I'd want to get them in my car right away!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy, I've not bought them yet, and while I 'think' I can work out the needed space below the left speaker, the extra half inch in diameter is what worries me most.

There is a custom wood shop right next to me and I have thought about raising both but also angling the upper edge so that the speakers will tilt down in the front a bit. Meaning, unbeknownst to them, I'd have them cut some bases out of wood for me. I have no idea, sound wise, if the speakers bouncing off the rear is best or if it would be better to angle them as I just mentioned.

I might just buy them and go on the basis I can work out something. The speakers get rave reviews - although not remotely Boston Acoustics' top of the line 6.5" speakers.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
If it's that close, I would try the wood base idea. I don't think it would affect the sound quality as long as they were sealed. Who knows, the angled tweeter might just sound better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts