Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to GTVs, recently purchasing a 1972 US spec 115. Having a kid, I'm interested in fitting rear seat-belts to secure a booster seat.

Although I found a few good forum threads noting there may be mount points, I haven't stumbled across any pics. Hoping someone can confirm what I found.

Under the seats, there appears to be some sort of material that may be covering any mount holes. From under the car I found bolt holes that look like they would be in the right place for the inside mounts. Also, I assume this may be the outside mount near the B-pillar?

Thanks for any advice. BTW, when considering to buy or not to buy a GTV, the openness and expertise shared on this forum was a big factor in deciding it was the right car for me. Hope I can contribute too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
There are also shoulder mount bolts. They are visible from the trunk near the trunk hinges. With the trunk open, lean over the rear fender and get your head inside the trunk and look up. You will need to use a poker from the inside to pierce the parcel shelf and then you will know where to bore out a hole for the bolt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I should of mentioned that I found the shoulder mounts first based on the guidance of another thread.

It's really the inside mounts (those on either side of the transmission tunnel) that are not readily evident that I'm hoping to confirm. If I'm going to punch a hole, want to make sure it's the right spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have any luck installing the belts? I'm considering a Giulia or a Berlina and I would also like 3-point belts in the back for the same reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I haven't yet but I'll update this thread when I do. The original front belts are lap belts. I've ordered some 3-point belts for the front and then plan to install the lap belts in the rear.

Although it's great to confirm that I have the inside (near then transmission tunnel) mounts, I still need to explore how to get to them. I suppose I could simply drill through the mount hole and see where it turns-up inside. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
The first Sprint GTs didn't come with any belts or even mounting pads for them. I installed just seat belts in the front using giant washers under the floor to spread any potential loads out. Never had to find out if that was good enough.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Please click below for the Alfa Info Sheet on rear seatbelt installation. Although this is for vehicles that need support plate installation, the diagram shows where the plates should be located.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts