Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on the rear suspension now and figure while in the neighborhood, I'd like to install rear seat belts in my Italian-market Giulia. The car came with a couple sets of basic lap belts that the PO(s) never got around to installing.

Could someone provide a description, or better yet, picture(s) of where the attachment points to the body would be? I haven't seen any evidence of welded-on nuts back there, and so absent a welder, I assume I'll have to drill holes and use big washers for reinforcement.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
My car is a US car with nutplates. Outer one is hard to get perspective from the wheelwell, but see the inside pic of the screw just below the bottom of the seatback, and inboard just a hair from the door fuzzy trim. I removed the seat base to take these.
The inboard ones, hard to see in the light, but again just below the bottom of the seatback and about a hand's width apart, equidistant either side of the center of the tunnel. Best I could do with the lighting I have.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I just did this last weekend. I did order these from the UK from the same manufacturer as my seatbelts. They worked great. I got six including shipping for less than $50.

I put static 3 point belts in the back. Being a non US car, I didn’t have the plates installed already

681/4 Reinforcement Plate - Seat Belt Anchor Point - 621112

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Baldanzi, where did you attached the shoulder belts for the 3-point belts? Were you able to attach them to the C pillar (and if so, how?), or to the bodywork behind the seat back?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Hi Baldanzi, where did you attached the shoulder belts for the 3-point belts? Were you able to attach them to the C pillar (and if so, how?), or to the bodywork behind the seat back?
After reviewing this thread and others
Seatbelt Points-Super

I settled on simply using those reinforcement plates on the steel behind the seat, just above the passengers outboard shoulder. I was not keen on the parcel shelf (cutting the vinyl and there's not a lot of metal there), and honestly, I'm putting the belts in for safety but, being realistic... any accident that is going to pull those anchor points out of the seat back is going to be bad enough that I think we are going to have a lot of other issues:oops:.

My main reason for the belts is keeping the kids inside the car during spirited driving - I don't trust the rear door latches.

I read in one of the threads, the best way is the C pillar but that entails cutting sheet metal from the outside of the c pillar and then patching. Maybe down the road when we do a full re-paint I'll consider that and put in inertia reels mounted on the inside of the c pillar/

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 66 is a US car and never had the rear belts. I think rear belts were required the next year in 67, I'll have to look that up. I have a hard enough time getting someone to ride with me in the passenger seat with me let alone the rear. So I let it be. Post a couple pictures when you're done.

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
I have Milano or 164 center rears as my rear belts, not inertial but just have a latch and strap adjustment. I used to haul two car seats around in the 90s, but since then not many folks have ridden in back.
Andrew

·
Registered
19 Posts
My '67 Giulia Super has original rear seat belt holes and typical nuts welded on the backside of the sheet metal. There are 4 holes for two set there. Hopefully Andrews photos work well to show the spot. I dont have shoulder belts for the back.

Good Luck Clem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts