Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Only need to remove the rear most part of the gutter trim and horizontal stainless trim.

- unscrew all the stainless trim screws from both pieces - so from c to the b pillar
- remove the glass latch from the interior
- remove the top section of door seal and the holder on the b pillar
- remove the glass from its b pillar channel
- check the 3 rubber blocks that hold the glass for replacement.
- remove the horizontal piece that sits under the glass
- measure up the rubber gasket and cut the ends to suit. The repros are too long
- put some lubricant all the way along the rubber lip that will go under the stainless trim
- slide / feed the rubber gasket lip along the rain rail from the c pillar corner towards the b pillar. Push pull do whatever it takes but don't pull much of the rain channel off the car. You can also slightly lubricate I between the body and rain channel. Don't put too much in though or it may stain your headlining.
- once you've got it along the top and done, put in the screws in from the b pillar back to wards the c pillar - leaving the last screw out
- slide the gasket under the horizontal stainless trim.
- Get it all ready and again screws in from the b pillar to the c pillar
- keep it all in place and put the last screw that holds the horizontal and the rain channel together in the corner

Note that it's a sh1zen job to do and reward yourself with your drink of choice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ciao mb230s,

Note that you need to line up the curved profile of the rubber and then trim the top and bottom of the ends at the B-pillar.

Saluti
Sergio
Thanks - I figured out the corner w/ the molded curve. Wasn't sure about the B-pillar. I have too much material to cover all 4 sides (which I didn't think was correct) so wasn't sure about the "too long" comment. How tight to the B-pillar do you trim the seal? Should I put any glue at the end where it meets the B-Pillar?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
THere should no need to glue the ends to the B pillar the pressure of the window glass will keep them in place. Just try to cut it so it just fits snug against the B pillar.

If you haven't already started this I highly recommend you also replace the 3 rubber hinge blocks, the C clips that holds them and the rubber on the forward edge of the rear window and possibly the window latch grommets while you have this apart. They are not the expensive and it's a job you probably don't want to do twice. When I did this my car the C clips were pretty rusty so I ended up waiting on replacements before I could complete the project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts