Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a good rear exhaust for my Verde w/o getting raped?

Publio

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Where can I get a good rear exhaust for my Verde w/o getting raped?

Publio
If your original over-axle pipe is intact on the rear section, have a local shop weld in a small Magnaflow muffler and add a tip of choice (or re-use your original S bend). Original plumbing on transaxle V6 cars is actually quite good - but you can make things a bit more sonorous with straight-through core style mufflers to replace the multi-chambered units the car would have been fitted with originally.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,494 Posts
Looks like IAP has the OEM one for $170 and Centerline for $182 which isn't too crazy. Personally I'd just be glad at this point you can buy one at any price.

My take is that I'd recommend against a sport rear muffler. My Milano had an Ansa on it when I got it and I HATED it. Unless you like sounding like a boy racer pulling away from every stop it'll annoy the hell out of you.

The stock exhaust on these cars actually sounds amazingly good.

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
" My Milano had an Ansa on it when I got it and I HATED it"

Same here. We put an Ansa rear piece on, and it ended up having that irritating drone just at the rpms for cruising in any of the higher gears. Had to get rid of it soonest. Stock is best in our book, nice subtle sound with no droning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts