Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find the tail light reflector that goes on the side? I will post pictures later so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Got very lucky in the fact that no one was hurt and damage was minimal. I don't know how I should go about repairing the plastic around it either. I was charged with causing the accident (will not go into details at this point) so since it is coming all out of my pocket and the car will be fully restored soon, cheap is good.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Very sorry to hear about the damage, but it's good that no one was hurt. The taillight assembly of a series 3 Spider is one piece, and it includes the side reflector and lens... These do come up on ebay from time to time, although they can get pricey, as they seem to always be in demand. (It is possible to get a good price during the winter months though, since it seems that "parts awareness" decreases during the cold season.) Another approach could be to see if someone who is parting out a car has a good one...

Best regards,

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
DeNoya's parts don't seem to move very quickly, but I think that's mostly because he tends to set asking prices on the higher side. I have read mixed reviews as well, but my personal experience with him was good. I was very happy with the price and the part.

Best regards,

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks, I will look for the assembly. Sounds better than trying to glue plastic pieces back together. What about this? eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo Spider Left Taillight 83-94 (item 310002354608 end time Dec-03-07 14:45:12 PST) I recall reading a thread about DeNoya's reputation, but I don't remember if it was bad or good.

Thanks,
Andy
I purchased the exact same part from them recently off of EBay and it was in great shape just as described by them. And I didn't pay an arm and a leg. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
DeNoya has always been a good source for me and never any problems OTHER than
the fact that if I'm on his site and my wife looks over my shoulder; she wants me to
purchase some of his 'Indian' stuff. BTW they are quite good...so says Katheryn...
and she would know about these matters more than most....Ed K.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I think the biggest problem with DeNoya is that he's a bit optimistic on condition. I think most complaints about him are that the item wasn't in as good a condition as he said. I bought a vent window w/ surround from him. He said it was in "like new condition" - turned out the chrome needed a bit of elbow grease with the "Metal Magic". Oh well - just keep in mind that "like new" means "excellent", "excellent" means "good"....etc.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've bought stuff from DeNoya that was complete garbage. He described it as being in great condition, when I tried to talk to him about it he just said NOTHING TO DISCUSS< ALL PARTS AS IS>.
I won't buy from him again but many others have without problems, do a search on the BB, there was a thread about him here for a while!

·
Registered
366 Posts
rezdoc / DeNoya

DeNoya's parts don't seem to move very quickly, but I think that's mostly because he tends to set asking prices on the higher side. I have read mixed reviews as well, but my personal experience with him was good. I was very happy with the price and the part.

Best regards,
I too have been happy with the few parts I have bought from the 'doc'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts