Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 1988 spider with 40k miles. Been sitting g since 2001 in garage. No rust. Trying to figure out how to reattach brackets to torsion bars in the rear deck. Here are some pics. Need some guidance please

·
Registered
18 Posts
just bought 1988 spider with 40k miles. Been sitting g since 2001 in garage. No rust. Trying to figure out how to reattach brackets to torsion bars in the rear deck. Here are some pics. Need some guidance please View attachment 1613260
just bought 1988 spider with 40k miles. Been sitting g since 2001 in garage. No rust. Trying to figure out how to reattach brackets to torsion bars in the rear deck. Here are some pics. Need some guidance please View attachment 1613260
Hi, I had to sort mine out when the torsion bar clip cracked half way across. I found the easiest way was to move the torsion bar to it's weakest position , replace the boot lid and then had to put a long tube/box key over the end of the torsion bar , as a handle, to force the bar back into the anchor bar. It is tricky and you often wish you had three hands but take care, that spring bar is a tough cookie.and it is better to finish the job with fingers and hands intact !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out I was missing the 2 brackets for the hinge on the lid. Found a set on eBay. Do you have a website for parts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea how to get the driver side knee pad off so I can reattach the fuse block?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If its the same design as my 89, the left and right knee pads are attached - its one long piece. Unfortunately you need to remove the center console to get the whole unit out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just bought 1988 spider with 40k miles. Been sitting g since 2001 in garage. No rust. Trying to figure out how to reattach brackets to torsion bars in the rear deck. Here are some pics. Need some guidance please
It looks like you're missing a part. There should be a flat bar, with a couple brass washers, that attaches at one end to the bonnet hinge, and the other end to the u-shaped end of the torsion bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts