Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been continuing with the teardown of my Monti and recently removed the rear brakes from the car. Measuring the rear disc thicknesses I see that they are 17 mm or 2mm below the min recommended thickness of 19mm. So it got me looking at availability from the usual suppliers and no one seems to have these in stock with some vendors not even listing these at all on their websites. I saw in Bruce's website that PBA at one time produced a batch of these....but they do not show these at all on their current website...only the front rotors are shown.

I really want to retain the original caliper configuration on the rears with the stock e- brake cables. What have others done to replace the rear rotors?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're not kidding there. Now I totally forgot about Zucca though I have checked them out years ago and their website has neat photos of some very unique parts for the Montreal that I would never have thought would still be available. I just checked out their shipping costs for a set of fronts and rear rotors.......a mere € 368.85 or approx $380.00 with FEDEX (not my favorate shipper). Has anyone dealt with this supplier before?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
classicalfa.com/mn077-montreal-rear-brake-disc/
myalfagroup.com/en/parts/montreal/brake-system/brake-discs/brake-disc-montreal-rear.htm
Thanks for these.....I misread the CA website which shows that only the fronts are out stock currently and not the rears...however, they only have 1 rear in stock currently.

Now what about Power Brakes Australia (PBA)? They only list the fronts not the rears on their website.....though even if their price is half.....shipping will most likely be extremely high.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..pm sent..
In my case.... because of the state of international shipping costs being so high nowadays...it'll be cheaper all in if I combine shipping with other parts that I'm in need of from one of the EU suppliers. Heck..... if things keep going the way they are going.....it might even be cheaper if I fly there for vacation and bring parts back with me even if I get surcharged for extra luggage.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh....just that I'm thinking the price to ship just one rotor internationally from the US is going to cost me as much as shipping 2 rotors from the UK, and since I am buying the others from the UK anyways...I'll just wait for Classic Alfa to get new stock of the rear rotors....which I'm told will be within a month or so.

·
Registered
1988 Alfa Romeo Spider Quad
202 Posts
I've been continuing with the teardown of my Monti and recently removed the rear brakes from the car. Measuring the rear disc thicknesses I see that they are 17 mm or 2mm below the min recommended thickness of 19mm. So it got me looking at availability from the usual suppliers and no one seems to have these in stock with some vendors not even listing these at all on their websites. I saw in Bruce's website that PBA at one time produced a batch of these....but they do not show these at all on their current website...only the front rotors are shown.

I really want to retain the original caliper configuration on the rears with the stock e- brake cables. What have others done to replace the rear rotors?
parts geek has a ton in stock centric brandrotor and pads$90 rear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts