Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my calipers and after a fight with one of the bleeder screws, I rounded it and need a replacement. Does anyone know the size or availability of these screws? I can't find much online or any for sale at the usual places. I would love to find some locally also so if anyone has a cross reference of other cars that would match, I'd love to hear.

Not sure if these are fairly universal or if strange Italian cars require strange Italian bleeders.

Also, I usually bleed each side of the caliper, furthest from the master cylinder first. Does anyone know the correct way? I don't think the service manual addresses this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure about locally, but I picked up these and installed them when I did the same job a few years ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember which is for the front and which is for the rear.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did see the Goodridge parts but gave up after becoming so annoyed with their website and catalogs.

But then I found that the rear sizing is M7 x 1.0 x 22. And after a couple more hours of looking and searching, I found some at pelican parts which are M7x1.0x26, the final number being the overall length which should fit ok. I ordered them and as they are in Long Beach, I should receive fairly quickly. And I'll post here how they work. A good sign is that these are an Ate part so that bodes well....I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts