Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the free space between the canvas strap and axle is supposed to be? assuming the car is standing properly, tank half full, spare tyre in etc.
I mounted two a while ago and noticed a difference of 2 -3 cm's between them. My gut tells me it should be about 5 cm's measured from the underside of the axle until the bottom of the small circle the strap forms.

thx,
George

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, forgot to mention what car; '64 2600 Sprint but guess it is the same for most models

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Alfa Romeo's "Technical Characteristics and Principal Inspection Specifications" (Pub. #912) give a measurement of 8 mm +/- 5mm between the rubber stop and the rear axle, using weights of 50 kg on each seat and 25 kg in each foot space (as if 4 adults weighing 75 kg each were in the car). This loaded measurement is a better measurement than the free space between the axle and the strap.

You may have noticed that the inner and outer straps have different length. Did you by any chance use 2 inner straps on one side and 2 outer straps on the other?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ruedi, and good point you mention, that could well explain the difference.
rgds,
George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts