Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - this is from the donor car. I have not opened up the differential but it all turned smoothly when rolling her around.

Shipping is not really viable so local pick-up or drop-off in SoCal only please.

Honestly not sure what it is worth so feel free to educate me on that.

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts
OUCH! Seeing that stepnose grille on the pavement is painful. Unless the thing is broken beyond all repair, I would focus on removing and preserving that. It's probably worth more than the differential.

Value for your diff? Is it a 4.56? How are the disks and calipers? 4.56's are pretty common, so if you can get someone to show up and collect it (rather than ask you to ship it to Timbuktu) any reasonable number should be acceptable. If it is a 4.10, 5.12, or the mythical 4.30, its value would be greater.

Is the "T" arm included, and if so, how are its outer bushings? A "T" arm with sound bushings has some value, as it is a bit of a job to replace the bushings.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jay - hard to see but there is actually a rag under the Stepnose grill. It is cracked and needs to be repaired and refurbished. I did harvest it - carefully.

I believe - based on what APC indicated - this is a 5.12. To be super clear that was their best guess without opening it up and I want to make sure I was explicit about that.

T-arm bushings look pretty good. At some point the PO spent some money on this car, likely as part of getting it ready to be put into the ' 66 Sprint that came with it.

Calipers etc will need a full rebuilt but can be readily saved.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can ship it via UPS or FedEx if you take it apart. Remove the brakes and axles, then separate the pumpkin from the axle tube. The pumpkin side with the gears is the important part of the assembly. You can carefully count the gear teeth through the drain hole to figure out the ratio but I forget the numbers. RJ might know.
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts