Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I got rear axel "tubes" media blasted and painted, when i took the masking paint of i realised that they only masker the area that attach to the "diff" before painting, not before sandblasting it, under the masking tape the Hole for the axel was sealed of. So nice i have a "sand blasted" surface where it is supposed to Seal against the diff housing. Am i screewed or is it possible to sand it smooth and use sealant?

I Hope someone knows!

//Tino

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,447 Posts
Wouldn't think there would be an issue. I used a very small amount of sealer when I did mine (I think)

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Take a look at this thread starting at post #27. Has the sealant that should work well for this. It should cover surface variability of that small size.

·
Premium Member
6,291 Posts
Take a look at this thread starting at post #27. Has the sealant that should work well for this. It should cover surface variability of that small size.

I would not recommend anaerobic sealant on this pitted surface. Use permatex grey. Anaerobic sealant is designed for smooth machined sealing surfaces.

Reactions: alfaloco

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, permatex om this part and anaerobic om the other tube that was not blasted? Would be nice to know it was leakproof before taking the car in the road...😭

·
Premium Member
6,291 Posts
since you have to buy permatex ultra grey just use it on both sides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts