Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Trying to solve this issue. The interior lights on my 164S partially work, in that when the door opens the overhead panel lights, and the footwell on driver and passenger side light up. The rear C panel lights do not work, (at all even the reading lamps), and the door lights both under the panel and the red marker lights do not work. I suspect there is a wiring issue somewhere. Does anyone know where I should be looking?

·
Premium Member
27,158 Posts
Check your fuses in both fuse boxes G1 Main and G2 Aux fuse box above G1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all:

Trying to solve this issue. The interior lights on my 164S partially work, in that when the door opens the overhead panel lights, and the footwell on driver and passenger side light up. The rear C panel lights do not work, (at all even the reading lamps), and the door lights both under the panel and the red marker lights do not work. I suspect there is a wiring issue somewhere. Does anyone know where I should be looking?
This may sound daft but have you checked the bulbs? And if they are all good, my courtesy lights didn't work when I got my 164 either, the fuse had gone which Steve has mentioned, but that takes them all out, also the rear lights likely are corroded on the back circuitry, you need to remove them, including the hidden screw under the switch panel in the middle and use a toothbrush and contact cleaner or sandpaper if you are brave, and another thing that was wrong with my lights was the wiring for the rear doors was completely disconnected and the driver's front door sensor was plugged into the heated rear window power connector for the heated mirrors. That lot should keep you busy haha

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were both right, i checked the fuses and all were good, I tried working the rear reading lights and that apparently blew the 7.5a fuse. Cleaned the connectors on both rear lighting pods, and ta-da! Works. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
You were both right, i checked the fuses and all were good, I tried working the rear reading lights and that apparently blew the 7.5a fuse. Cleaned the connectors on both rear lighting pods, and ta-da! Works. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you get the doors working too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts