Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly a prototype (Coupe) from 1939 with the engine of Lancia Aprilia.A barn finding with papers and a previous owner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
The only thing claimed to be Aprilia is the engine, so that could be true. But there's nothing else Lancia there.
Actually Ed, it looks like a Pinin Farina aerodynamic coupe from the late 30s, with a poorly modified nose. I'm in CT, away from my reference books, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
Donald

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I wouldn't argue with you; I was just working from that "grille", which looks more DeSoto. But in Weernink, the '38 Pinin Farina aerodynamic has front-hinged doors and no front quarter windows, while the shots here show 'suicide' doors and quarter windows.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The salesclerk writes: Lancia prototype 1x in the world, with papers, year 6/1939, a previous owner. I believe I must exactly look auto.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I see an inspection cover in the wing for the sliding pillar front suspension. At least that's what it looks like it must be. Which would suggest that the chassis is Lancia and the body probably original to the chassis.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing claimed to be Aprilia is the engine, so that could be true. But there's nothing else Lancia there.
I am not sure, but, nevertheless, I see a little resemblance to the 1938 Aprilia Bertone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The fact is this car is a special one, but we are lucky because there is the badge on the front: Bertone.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That looks like a pretty cool car. So that rectagle little thing on the driver side nose is a Berone batch?

What is the story on it as we currently know it? Where was it found, who has it now, what are the plans?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Have you Photoshop?
Anyway, i can confirm to you it's a Bertone, a friend of mine contacted the owner 2 years ago in Germany.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Bertone's badge is the same of this photo, it's an inscription.
Some cars had the inscription "Bertone Torino" also.
Bertone introduced the "B" badge in late 40s.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That looks like a pretty cool car. So that rectagle little thing on the driver side nose is a Berone batch?

What is the story on it as we currently know it? Where was it found, who has it now, what are the plans?

Thanks,

Mike
Really cool car !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
it is a shame - Somebody needs to save this and put back to its former glory. For sure a very challenging effort based on those pics and seeing the car sitting halfway outside.

Mike

1 - 20 of 94 Posts