Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I've seen that one somewhere---??

It is a sign of the times when men used "hair tonics".

The best sellers were Brylcreem and Wildwood Cream Oil.

I was "Wildwood" man.

:cool2::cool2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Neil
I reckon it's a mock up (drawn or otherwise) based on an MG Midget Mk1, The front wings (fenders) and bonnet (hood) all look early Midget as do the windscreen pillars.
However that grill and front bumper are (surely) a fabrication of some artists mind to detract from the true identity! As I'm sure MG's lawyers would have had something to say if their car was presented as the "unsafe" car. Remember MG's motto was Safety Fast!

Any other opinions out there?

Bryan

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Neil
I reckon it's a mock up (drawn or otherwise) based on an MG Midget Mk1, The front wings (fenders) and bonnet (hood) all look early Midget as do the windscreen pillars.
However that grill and front bumper are (surely) a fabrication of some artists mind to detract from the true identity! As I'm sure MG's lawyers would have had something to say if their car was presented as the "unsafe" car. Remember MG's motto was Safety Fast!

Any other opinions out there?

Bryan
I had the same impression: Most likely a Midget Mk1 with lots of touch up work. The touch up work is evident by looking at the pictures where the interior of her car is shown: In the image "Cuts in front of her...", the buttons, switches and the glove compartment door are parallel to the bottom of the image when they should be at an angle resembling the angle of the wind shield. And, that dashboard doesn't match the one shown in the "Some men..." picture. So, no question in my mind that the picture showing the front of the car was doctored, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts