Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pretty rare occurrence at a recent Austin area charity car show saw 4 Supers together. We have no doubt that this was a first in Austin, probably in Texas, and perhaps in the mid-west US. We know it pales in comparison to those in Y'urp (Roland has this many in his driveway) and probably on the left and right coasts, but it's good showing here in flyover country. Anyone else have a group shot?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Good thing it isn't a Ferrari in that handicap space! Was the local TV station there by any chance? :D

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/off-topic-talk/168861-just-saw-news.html
That's too funny!:) In defense of my Giulia buddies, this was actually at a car show, and the whole street was blocked off, so no one could come in and park there anyway. I was one of the organizers of the show, and we were told by the authorities we could simply use these spaces any way we wanted to:cool:

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Trust me, at 185 hp John's car ain't handicapped . . .

PS: and Randy informed me offline that there were 12 Supers/TI's at the Concorso Italiano. :eek: Wow. That's Super. One could only wonder how many are at the annual Dutch SCARB festival . . .

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, Roland, so I'm having roasted crow today for lunch. Thanks a lot. It's still a good showing for here . . . ;)

Randy estimates that there are perhaps only 500 or so runners (Supers/TI's) in the US today maximum. Perhaps that many or fewer not running and squirreled away? Andrew's Super register shows just over 200 in the US (84 in CA, 15 WA, 12 OR, or over half on the left coast), but it does not list any of the four above* (I sent my reg in a couple of weeks ago). And many listed are shells, NR or in pieces. So who knows what the ratio of those "listed" to "not-listed" is; perhaps 2 or 3 to one? That would only make 400-500 or so. Not very many of nearly 550,000 made over 16 years. Randy may not be far off.

* that would nearly double the number listed for Texas.

And yes indeed Roland, two of them are your children . . . Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts