Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
These are another model disregarded by Alfisti. Would any one out there have a set of side moulds or panels for this car. I know a berlina raced at Bathurst driven by Peter Wherret. I have a similar early car and am lookking for options on the rebuild. Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Find attached a photograph of the Alfetta raced in South Africa. This vehicle used the 16 valve type and the 8 valve GTAm type motor. Sadly this vehicle was abandoned to the elements, deteriorated, was stripped and parts scattered/sold worldwide.
Are you saying that a replacement shell had to be used to rebuild "this" car?

Pete

·
Registered
378 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the vehicle I am talking about was stripped - was it rebuilt thereafter? I cannot answer this question as I have lost touch with the people who owned it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys
Does any one have more info on the cars and where and when they raced? Were they just rally cars or did they race on circuits?

I would really love to get a copy of the FIA homologation papers if someone could point me in the right direction? Any more pics of it racing in the day etc? I would love to build a faithful replica one day.

Thanks
Marcus

·
Registered
9 Posts
Arnold Chatz Alfetta

Find attached a photograph of the Alfetta raced in South Africa. This vehicle used the 16 valve type and the 8 valve GTAm type motor. Sadly this vehicle was abandoned to the elements, deteriorated, was stripped and parts scattered/sold worldwide.
Is the some more information about this race? We are building a replica Autodelta Berlina. Ultimate goal is the FIA HTP so I need information about engines used in races.\
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Cannot find anything about Alfetta sedan Group2 approval in historic register. So, wonder if it had FIA approval at all, or only some local approval. Anyway here you can find FIA Group 1 approval for the Alfetta 1,6 and 2L

·
Registered
9 Posts
At this moment w're building a replica Autodelta Alfetta Berlina like it raced in International events : Zandvoort Trophy (4 hrs)August 12 1973 by Rolf Stommelen/Carlo Facetti :
ETCC (1970-1988) Photo Gallery - Zandvoort 4 Hours 1973 - Alfa Romeo Alfetta no.21 - Racing Sports Cars
Touring Car Racing Photo Gallery - Zandvoort 4 Hours 1973 - Alfa Romeo Alfetta no.21
www.racingsportscars.com
www.racingsportscars.com

and on June 6 1973 at Montrop Park 500 km Sweden with drivers Rolf Stommelen and Reine Wisell. Unfortunately I've no pictures of that.

We're now working on bodywork and at this stage:

Our ultimate goal is to obtain an FIA HTP. FIA App. K says:
1.2 Appendix K applies to cars which are either original competition cars, or cars built to exactly the same specification as models with international competition history complying with the International rules of the period.
The only permissible variations to the period specification are those authorised within Appendix K.
Cars without an international competition history but which have a competition history in national championship Competitions or other significant national Competitions of equivalent status may also be accepted.
If a model has not taken part in period in international races, HTPs of corresponding cars must be submitted to the HMSC supported by evidence from the relevant ASN that the model has a history in period of competition in Competitions of national significance.

So we have to build the car to the exact same specifications we need information.
The problem for the HTP can be the engine. I know in Zandvoort the 2.0 16v testastretta was used.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Formula: As I wrote above some posts earlier, I cannot find any homologatio papers for this version of Alfetta racer in the FIA historic papers. Also in the Autodelta book mention of the Alfetta sedan racer abandoned in 1973 because the new GTV would take over. So the Alfetta sedan as racer from factory was only a 1-2 year project gapfiller. Nevertheless your project looks very nice! However I found something about this car in the European touring car championship , so it must have had international approval. Why its not mentioned in the FIA papers is then a fault. Anyway here the links I found for you. The race in Sweden was on Mantorp! :)

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts