Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1961 Alfa Romeo Other SPRINT
BARN FIND VERY RARE ALFA SPRINT SPECIALE VERY FEW MADE this according to the dealer selling the car and listing at as a 2.5 L!!!!!!!!Well that should be very rare indeed.Joe

·
Registered
129 Posts
sprint speciale

this car was in Bob Corr's inventory a few years ago, I remember seeing it in his shop. The guy who is selling it was doing some body work for Bob at that point, that is most likely how the car ended up there.

If you look at the pictures, you will see that the nose is not correct.Alfa Romeo | eBay

The bidding is up in the $20k range already.

·
Registered
705 Posts
this car was in Bob Corr's inventory a few years ago, I remember seeing it in his shop. The guy who is selling it was doing some body work for Bob at that point, that is most likely how the car ended up there.

If you look at the pictures, you will see that the nose is not correct.Alfa Romeo | eBay

The bidding is up in the $20k range already.
What is the purpose of putting the silver car in the pictures?

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
If you look at the pictures, you will see that the nose is not correct.Alfa Romeo | eBay.
I'm no SS expert, but even I can see a number of things that have been kustomized on this poor car. Yea, the nose is the most egregious, but the dash isn't far behind.

I had to chuckle at this text in the ebay description:

"IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A VERY RARE ALFA ROMEO SPRINT SPECIALE GO NO FURTHER, THIS BARN FIND IS IN EXCELENT CODITION AND IS A GREAT CAR TO BE MADE 100% SHOW CAR,WE DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE ALFA ROMEO....."

I always think of a "barn find" as a relatively unmolested car that was put away and forgotten. And restoring this poor SS back to "100% show car" (whatever the heck that means) would be pretty hard - correct SS trim components are getting kind of scarce at my local Pik-A-Part. Oh well, at least the seller is honest about his level of Alfa Romeo knowledge!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2.5l

I did not know that Alfa made a 2.5L engine or that there ever was an SS with a 2.5L in it. The spec sheet states Vehicle Specifications
Year: 1961
Make: Alfa Romeo
Model: Other
VIN: 10117
Stock Number: SPRINT
Mileage: 86541
Transmission: Manual
Engine: 4 Cylinder, 2.5 L

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
I did not know that Alfa made a 2.5L engine or that there ever was an SS with a 2.5L in it.
Right. And the spec sheet also says "WE DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE ALFA ROMEO....."

That SS would have a 1.3L engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts