Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is a great series. Fantastic work lessons for the DIYer who doesnt have a shop full of expensive gear. This trick with the door hinges used as a buck to hammer out ribbed reinforcements in a sheet metal panel was super.

I'd really like to see the plans for the rotisserie you build including the mounts. Were those laser cut? I was thinking of making a wooden roll over rotisserie but since I have several cars needing panels to be replaced, this makes more sense long term.

As long as I'm begging, how about a sketch of the jig you built for the interior to maintain structural integrity when replacing panels. I like how you have threaded bolts in there for making adjustments.

Lastly, Are you using a wire feed welder? If so, are you using an inert (argon) gas? or is this with a stick (arc) welder

Again-a great series. Looking forward to seeing your progress

·
Registered
12 Posts
As long as I'm begging, how about a sketch of the jig you built for the interior to maintain structural integrity when replacing panels. I like how you have threaded bolts in there for making adjustments.
Second this... my inherited project has clearly settled a bit on a rusty sill structure. I need to reinforce everything before going any further... AND allow corrections since my baseline is suspect. I've been researching a good bit and this is the first solution I've found.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts