Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been following some tech tips on Alfa BB, I thought I'd make a thread about my restoration. I bought a 67 GT junior 1300 as an unfinished project, it came with all the repair panels and seals needed to be completed, however it doesn't have a engine and gear box. I am making a video series out of it to make it a little more entertaining.

The channel is called Raising Junior on Youtube. I need more forum cred to post a link...will do so later

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Pete!

I forgot to add this is the first Alfa I ever owned. I have restored a couple of German cars in the past, but I a Gulia gt was always on the bucket list. I made friends with some local Alfa enthusiasts who have been really helpful and gave me some great tips.

Just had a quick look at your threads, I'm sure I'll refer to them at some point :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I hope to replace floor pans, sills and a couple more major panels before before Christmas....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been following some tech tips on Alfa BB, I thought I'd make a thread about my restoration. I bought a 67 GT junior 1300 as an unfinished project, it came with all the repair panels and seals needed to be completed, however it doesn't have a engine and gear box. I am making a video series out of it to make it a little more entertaining.

The channel is called Raising Junior on Youtube. I need more forum cred to post a link...will do so later
Congrats!!

Fabulous 1st video, subscribed as this is exactly what I was after.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for watching. I've been thinking of some improvements I can make. I'm working on Episode 2 but it might take a while to finish as I plan on making it longer.

For the overall look of the car I want it to look like it was a weekend racer back in the day. No bumpers, better seats (I found a set or very cool Alfa seats ;) and a 1750 cc engine. Colour is yet to be decided probably a solid original colour, but I'm staying away from flashy stickers and decals

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, having some followers is very encouraging! I'm working on episode 2 at the moment. I'm aiming to finish it in a month or so, but the progress on the car dictates when the episode can be wrapped up. Its been a lot of fun so far and I'm glad some family members are helping me out, mostly my dad with the video editing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the postive comments guys, we 're working on episode 2, hopefully should be out in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
782 Posts
RJ -

Very nice! Like your rotisserie; can you show me how it's mounted to the car? Did you use suspension pickup points? I'm interested in copying this; I have a rotisserie, but currently mounts to bumper mounts front and rear.

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
RJ -

Very nice! Like your rotisserie; can you show me how it's mounted to the car? Did you use suspension pickup points? I'm interested in copying this; I have a rotisserie, but currently mounts to bumper mounts front and rear.

Thanks

Scott
Hi Scott,

I used the steering box holes at the front and the trunion bar holes at the back. A friend gave me the plans he made for his spider which included some plates. These plates mount to the holes we mentioned and they have a square hole, large enough for a 50x50 square section to pass through. A small angle iron ties the plates to the 50x50 section. I can send you some PDF via Pm or email if you would like to see them. I'll upload some pictures later

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi Scott,

I used the steering box holes at the front and the trunion bar holes at the back. A friend gave me the plans he made for his spider which included some plates. These plates mount to the holes we mentioned and they have a square hole, large enough for a 50x50 square section to pass through. A small angle iron ties the plates to the 50x50 section. I can send you some PDF via Pm or email if you would like to see them. I'll upload some pictures later
PDF and pics would be great! Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Geoffrey - very nice progress! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to document all the work you are doing. Keep up the progress.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks guys, filming the restoration is extra work but I enjoy doing it with my dad. They help me remember how we made certain panels or how things were before we took them apart

1 - 20 of 70 Posts