Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really have a life anyway and I've had this rolling around in my head for the past couple of weeks while following the most interesting ;) thread I've seen on the bb....so, with due respects to Joe Walsh (and other clean/sober rock artists of the 60s/70s) I submit for your "pleasure"? the following

+++++++

Dave posed a challenge, just two weeks ago
Lots of responses, sayin’ it ain't so
He lives in Ohio, and speeds on the street
Builds American Vee-Eights, he must think them neat

Some say he’s crazy, he wastes lots of time
Can’t read the clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far………

His Alfa Spider does one-thirty-five
No Racing License, and can’t really drive
If he had a limo, he’d sit in the back
And change all the subjects whenever attacked

He’s settin’ the records, He thinks he’s great
The page count tells me we’re near thirty-eight
This Alfa b-board, though he joined late last year
He’s got more posts than some experts ‘round here

It’s lucky we’re sane after what we’ve been through
Everybody say I'm cool, he's cool
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far……………

He’s in Engineering, some nights until four
It's hard understanding, when you just sweep the floor
It's so tough to handle formulae and fame
We’re all so brainless, but he isn’t lame?

They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time
Everybody say oh, yeah, oh, yeah
He keeps on posting, guess I'll never know why
Life's been good to me so far………………

+++++++++++++

OK, so I'd like a show of hands if you think I have a future in writing cover lyrics or maybe even as a plagiarist?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oh my god, that's the best. Thank you, mystery lyricist, whoever you are. I had a tough night at work, and this was a laugh before I'm going to bed. Nicely done - bravissimo, encore . . .

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
OK, so I'd like a show of hands if you think I have a future in writing cover lyrics or maybe even as a plagiarist?
I think you'd have "Weird Al" Yankovic Jealous of you! You did good on ruining one of my favorite songs.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I don't think I "ruined" it and I challenge you to prove that I did :mad:
Oh, but it is "impossible" to prove against an oppinion either way.;) I can say I don't mind being poked fun with, that don't bother me and I congradulate you on going out of your way to do so, you got creative and spent some time on this, that is great, it's just when, oh, people like DWC start slacking off with the one liners, you out did him-bravo!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
.............it's just when, oh, people like DWC start slacking off with the one liners..............
OMG, please do not let this turn into another one of these threads:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
OMG, please do not let this turn into another one of these threads:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
*wringing my hands together* Why not, if I can't do 135mph, lets see if I can get to page 40 of responses *evil laughing*...Lighten up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts