Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever find a way to make the ALFA windshield wipers work? Is there anything to do other than the "Liberal application of RainX and pray for sunny skies" method?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I meant, any way to improve their functionality. I am looking for a higher speed, or really, any speed would be better than the current slowness.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I read somewhere on the board that someone had installed relays in liine with the woper motor to reduce voltage drop through the switch and wireing.
cliff

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfacliff-
I'll keep looking through the board - that's kind of what I had in mind - glad to know someone's tackled this issue..
Thank you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yesterday I was looking thru past threads and came across one that seemed to address your problem. I don't. remember what the title was but the people replying had similar problems and the seemed to have solved them by taking the linkages apart and polishing the pivots and greasing. Some also removed the wiper motor and freed it up also. It's. a great environment for corrosion which puts a lot of strain on the motor. Try a search on wipers and you may find it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts