Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock radio and speakers in my '94 164ls are terrible.
I got the radio out, and there is one 8 wire square plug, and two round plugs (one an 8 pin one is 13pin, one I assume goes to the CD changer)

Installing a new radio usually goes pretty quick for me, but I'm not exactly sure what goes where. I have the cardisk and the wiring diagram helps, but it's too detailed and I can't figure out exactly what I'm dealing with here.

Do I simply do away with the two round connectors and wire the square one?

Anyone done this before that could provide some tips?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The speaker wires go to the amp that's under the passenger seat. Do not use the round plugs one is for the changer the other one is for the amp.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Are you eliminating both the orginal head unit AND the amplifier under the seat? If so, you need to remove the harness which runs from the stereo head unit area, to the amp, and then back to the head unit. You then tie your new wires into the location where that intermediate harness connects to the speaker wires of the car. The cardisc does not do a good job of showing this.

Let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I can provide guidance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are not going to use the cable from the radio to the amp I sure would like to get my hands on it. E-mail me direct if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That 8 wire square plug is called an ISO adapter. I have two new ones in boxes if anyone is interested. I'll take a pic and add later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Jason
I replied to your Pm, but I do not see it anywhere. Just in case missed it yes I only need the 4 foot cable from the radio to the amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts